Lok Sabha Election 2014 schedule
The following are the state-wise dates announced for the Lok Sabha 2014 elections, by the Election Commission of India:-
- Arunachal Pradesh:- 9th April
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands:- 10th April
- Assam:- 7th, 12th and 24th April
- Bihar:- 10th, 17th, 24th, 30th April & 7th and 12th May
- Chhatisgarh:- 10th, 17th and 24th April
- Chandigarh:- 12th April
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli:- 12th April
- Daman and Diu:- 30th April
- Goa:- 17th April
- Gujarat:- 30th April
- Haryana:- 10th April
- Himachal Pradesh:- 7th May
- Jharkhand:- 10th, 17th and 24th May
- Jammu and Kashmir:- 10th, 17th, 24th, 30th April & 7th May
- Kerala:- 10th April
- Karanataka:- 17th April
- Lakshwadweep:- 10th April
- Maharashtra:- 10th, 17th and 24th April
- Mizoram:- 9th April
- Madhya Pradesh:- 10th, 17th and 24th April
- Manipur:- 9th and 17th April
- Meghalaya:- 9th April
- Nagaland:- 9th April
- Odisha:- 10th and 17th April
- Punjab:- 30th April
- Puducherry:- 24th April
- Rajasthan:- 17th and 24th April
- Sikkim:- 12th April
- Tripura:- 7th and 12th April
- Tamil Nadu:- 24th April
- Uttarakhand:- 7th May
- Uttar Pradesh:- 30 April
- West Bengal:- 17th, 24th, 30th April & 7th and 12th May
Registration for voter identity cards goes hi-tech in Andhra Pradesh. People in the State can now register their names electronically at Mee Seva centres and can get their EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Cards) cards easily.
Those who have lost their cards too can get duplicate cards using this hassle-free service.
“On receiving data from applications, Mee Seva staffers will check the veracity of the identity claims. They will then pick the info relevant for issuing an ID card and print it in a pdf format,” an official release said here on Sunday.
Mee Seva centres deliver government services to citizens using secure electronic network. The State has about 4,500 such centres that provide g2c (or government-to-citizen) services in over 300 services.
They issue birth, death, caste, income and a host of other certificates, saving effort and time to people. They take care of about 3.5 lakh requests from people.
They have deployed relevant technology solutions to issue digital signature certificates to the applicants.
Voter Card application, registration, status online information.